- This event has passed.
Breakfast After The Bell Summit
June 7 @ 8:45 am - 1:00 pmFree
Join United Way of King County and the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) for the Central/Eastern Washington 2019 Breakfast After the Bell Summit!
This summit is an opportunity for school districts across Washington to learn more about HB 1508, the Washington Kids Ready to Learn Act, and Breakfast After the Bell. As your district is planning for Breakfast After the Bell implementation, join us to learn best practices, challenges, and tips from School Breakfast Champions. We’ll cover a range of topics, including:
- An overview of HB 1508 and key requirements of the legislation
- Breakfast After the Bell 101 – what it looks like in action
- Tips for district-wide buy-in for implementation
- Instructional time & Breakfast After the Bell
- Higher participation = more reimbursement dollars: the financial impact of Breakfast After the Bell
- Community Eligibility + Breakfast After the Bell: how to implement both to maximize success
Doors will open at 8:45am with light refreshments, and the summit will start at 9am.
Superintendents, principals, food and nutrition staff, business office officials, teachers, custodial staff, transportation staff, and anybody else involved in Breakfast After the Bell planning is encouraged to attend!
We look forward to seeing you at one of the 2019 Regional Breakfast After the Bell Summits! In the meantime, please visit WashingtonBreakfast.org for more information and resources about Breakfast After the Bell implementation.
Additonal upcoming Regional Breakfast After the Bell Summit opportunties:
- May 29th | Western Penisula at Grays Harbor College
- June 5th | Puget Sound at the Tukwila Community Center
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, topic requests, or comments.