- This event has passed.
Project Citizen: Achieving Standards through Civic Action
March 23 @ 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
Achieving Standards through Civic Action
Project Citizen professional development trainings present unique opportunities for elementary, middle school and high school teachers to take part in professional development featuring We the People: Project Citizen, one of the country’s foremost civic education programs.
The training utilizes Project Citizen curricular materials as the primary base of instruction. The materials are designed to foster active participation in a process-oriented curriculum that allows students to use interdisciplinary skills to monitor and influence public policy in their communities to solve real-life issues. Each participant receives a FREE classroom set of Project Citizen textbooks as well as additional materials on public policy.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDANCE
- Learn how to use Project Citizen in your setting
- Learn about public policy and policy making from experts in the field
- Examine strategies to improve literacy skills with authentic civic action
- Apply classroom management skills to project-based learning
- Integrate interdisciplinary learning into classroom instruction
- Enhance use of interactive teaching methods
Participants will receive AT NO COST:
- Lunch & snacks
- Project Citizen textbooks & other resource materials
- Clock hours
- Lodging for participants traveling more than 100 miles