OSPI e-cert Online User Guide:
Below is the current information on the OSPI’s e-cert homepage.
***If you know of a Military Spouse or Military Personnel: please have them contact our office for expedited review.
Information regarding the fingerprint process is available online here: Office of Professional Practices
- Many applications are used for both renewal and upgrade (next level certificate). If you are trying to upgrade to a Professional Certificate and have a renewal option, just select that option and indicate you completed the requirements. The system will automatically submit the upgrade application.
- If you are applying for an Emergency Substitute certificate select the option to ‘Apply for your district request here’. If the option is not available contact your employing school district for further instructions.
- If you are a Washington State program graduate do not submit an application until you see ‘Apply for your college recommendation here’. If you do not see this option contact your institution for further instructions.
If you have any questions regarding which application to submit, please contact OSPI Professional Certification through our website at: Certification Main Page or (360)725-6400.
Official virtual certificates are available when you select ‘My Credentials’ and select ‘view.’ A PDF will be generated to print. These are Official Washington state certificates
- Professional Educator Standards Board (PESB)
- STEM NOTE: Continuing Certificate renewal applicants with; specific endorsement areas, submitting after 9/1/2019, must complete the STEM requirements as part of their renewal clock hours. https://www.pesb.wa.gov/workforce/developing-current-educators/certification-standards-renewal/
- E-certification sign-in information:
- E-certification sign in:
- FAQ’s: https://www.k12.wa.us/certification/teacher-certificate/washington-state-certification-frequently-asked-questions
OSPI’s certification contact information: