As the mission of the NCESD is to Lead, Serve, and Support, our Bilingual-ELL page is the place for you to find ELL professional learning opportunities and instructional resources developed by our Bilingual/ ELL/GLAD specialists. Our services support over 8,200 bilingual students attending schools in our region. Please check our page often for updates.
The following districts are current members of in the Language Acquisition Cooperative (LAC): Brewster, Bridgeport, Cascade, Cashmere, Eastmont, Ephrata, Lake Chelan, Mansfield, Manson, Moses Lake, Okanogan, Omak, Orondo, Palisades, Pateros, Quincy, Soap Lake, Tonasket, Warden, Waterville, and Wenatchee. The districts who participate in the LAC have access to these services:
- 1 FREE day of on-site work in your district
- Demo lessons in your classroom
- Staff trainings at your site on Second Language Acquisition, ELP Standards, Effective Hands-on-Brains-on Strategies, Differentiaton at Elementary and Secondary grades, ELPA21 score analysis and other a la carte trainings, customized to your needs. Please see our PD calendar below.
- Collaboration time with your PLC groups
- GLAD Follow UP and coaching
If you are interested in joining the LAC please contact Nadya or Shae (see below for contact information).
Professional Development Calendar: