This is a two-part event. Classes are Tuesday, September 21 and Tuesday, September 28 from 4:00pm – 7:00pm. Registering for this class will automatically register you for both sessions.
The Deep Dive is designed for elementary educators who have started teaching CS Fundamentals but want to more deeply understand Code.org’s approach to teaching CS and need strategies to fully implement the curriculum. Developed with Code.org’s professional learning values in mind, the 7-hour Deep Dive workshop provides teachers with a hands-on learning experience with other like-minded teachers. Teachers are given the space to work through the individual challenges in carefully crafted sessions led by experienced facilitators,
The Intro workshop is not a prerequisite for the Deep Dive, but participants should have started teaching CS Fundamentals before attending. If you’d like to take both workshops, we recommend scheduling them at least a month apart so you have time to try out a few lessons in your classroom before attending this workshop.
At the end of the workshop, teachers will have:
- A plan for offering more of the CS Fundamentals course.
- Strategies for addressing roadblocks to implementation, including any specific issues experienced in lessons taught thus far.
- Ideas for fostering and developing a strong classroom rapport that nurtures learners of all types through equitable approaches.
- A deepened sense of community with CS
- Fundamentals teachers and a plan for keeping in touch with other teachers in the future.
- A printed curriculum guide with pedagogy, tips, and best practices.
- A certificate of attendance.
You must register on pdEnroller and Code.org. Here is the link to also register at code.org: https://studio.code.org/pd/workshops/10271/enroll
Please note that registration fee will be used for clock hours.