In order to protect our clients and staff, we will be following a new protocol:
- Do not bring anyone with you when you come to your appointment.
- Please wear a face covering while you are inside NCESD.
- When you arrive, call 509-665-2610. Someone will come to greet you at the door. We will ask you to show your state-issued ID when entering.
- You will be sent an on-line form prior to your appointment regarding new screening questions, and we will ask you those same questions and take your temperature when you arrive for your appointment.
- We have hand sanitizer for you to use on your way in and out of the building.
Digital Fingerprinting – Cost $88.25
NCESD is currently offering Digital Fingerprinting services only. This is exclusively for:
- Certified and classified staff applying or being hired by a school district
- Staff trying to obtain or renew certification
- Student at a university/college/state program completing student teaching
Ink Card Fingerprinting – Cost $35.00
NCESD currently has Ink Card Fingerprinting services temporarily suspended, as this method would require hand-over-hand and close proximity. Ink Card services are offered to:
- New hires/applicants whose employer requires background check (Ex: Banks, Casinos, law enforcement, forestry.)
- Real Estate licensing
- Out of state background
- Other legal reasons
*Ink cards are provided by NCESD if needed. It is up to the individual to submit these cards to the appropriate entity required for their license/permit/background.
Important Note About Fingerprinting Results
NCESD uses a Livescan system (digital fingerprints) to scan fingerprints. If your fingerprints are of good quality, live-scan reduces the turnaround time to obtain the results. If your fingerprints are of poor quality we cannot get a satisfactory result, and the prints are rejected by the Washington State Patrol (WSP). Prints are of poor quality if you have worn or fine ridges in your prints.
The WSP recommends persons with worn/fine ridge detail be fingerprinted using the ink-and-roll method with retabs as necessary. Printer’s ink is more effective for recording very fine ridge detail than digital fingerprinting.
If you are concerned about worn prints, please let the fingerprint technician know before your prints are taken. We cannot refund the fingerprinting fee once we have submitted prints electronically.
To learn more about our on-site fingerprint service for your district please Email NCESD.
For more information about the fingerprinting requirement, please visit the OSPI website.
Scheduling Your Appointment
Our fingerprint appointments are offered Monday thru Friday by appointment only.
To be fingerprinted at NCESD, you will need:
- Picture ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.)
- Appropriate payment as outlined below
- Expect the process to take approximately 15-30 minutes
Click here to book your fingerprint appointment.
- Once you book your appointment you will receive a confirmation email where you can manage your appointment should you need to cancel or reschedule. This email will also include the link to two forms that need to be completed and submitted online prior to your appointment.
Acceptable forms of payment:
- Debit or Credit (Visa, Discover, MasterCard). Please click “Buy Now” when you are ready to purchase.
- Purchase Order or authorization letter from your School District
- Bring form with you the day of your appointment, or
- Have your School District email NCESD the authorization form.
|Classified and Certified staff, also needing certification||$88.25|
| Non-educational/ink card (Ex: Banking, Foster, Permit, etc.)||Temporarily not available||$35.00|
Our Fingerprinting Staff include:
Selina SencionSelina SencionProfessional Services Team Receptionist/Secretaryselinas@ncesd.org