Student Attendance & Re-Engagement
The ESSER Attendance and Re-engagement Project aims to reconnect youth and families that have disconnected from education. Additionally, it aims to prevent youth that are at risk of disengaging by investing in district and community capacity to directly support these students and families. It also aims to build attendance and engagement systems that will keep students engaged long-term.
Support and services NCESD provides:
- Provide universal and base-level training or support in attendance & re-engagement systems
- Assist districts to analyze state and local data (high absences, withdrawals, high failure rates/course outcomes) to identify student groups to be supported and served.
- Assist districts with the implementation of strategies to improve attendance and reengagement
- Assist and coordinate with the high-needs districts in North Central region
- Host monthly regional Attendance and reengagement PLC