The Teacher and Principal Evaluation and Growth Program (TPEP) is based on these core principles:
- High quality teaching and leading are key to student success.
- Growth in practice is developmental in nature.
- Growth occurs best when there are clear standards of practice supported by quality professional learning and learning-focused feedback.
- Evaluation systems should reflect and address the career continuum.
- The focus for teacher and principal growth should be driven by student learning needs.
Evaluation Guidance for 2020-2021
- The TPEP Steering committee put together new guidance around Comprehensive evaluations for the 20-21 school year only.
- Please see Bulletin 063-20 for details.
- Guidance on having a single Student Growth Goal (criterion 3 or 6) this year for teachers on a modified Comprehensive evaluation and criterion related ideas for teaching in a virtual setting will be released in early September.
- Excellent resource for remote instruction from The Danielson Group.
- eVAL Changes for 2020-2021
Additional TPEP Resources:
Please contact Molly Naff for additional trainings and support offered through NCESD.