eVAL is a web-based tool designed to manage the evaluation process and documentation. Developed in partnership with the Washington Education Association, the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction, and Educational Service District 113, eVAL is:
- For the past three years, more than 10,000 Washington educators have used eVAL. Their feedback has led to important updates
- eVAL 2.0 is more intuitive, safe & secure, and more closely aligned to authentic feedback practices
- A free resource used by more than 120 districts in Washington State
- Personalized for each district for their instructional framework, resources, and documents
#1 Self Assessments
#2 District Admin Role
#3 Student Growth Goals
What’s New with eVAL?
Users will notice features that promote quality discussions and meaningful explorations of instructional strategies that lead to changed instructional practice in the classroom.
The Primary features of eVAL are:
- Conducting and participating in observations
- Managing artifacts and evidence
- Managing summary data and reports
A collection of 93 videos for exploring your instructional framework in the context of classroom instruction. View an online video that will show viewers how the new eVAL Video Library for can be used for hosting practice observation sessions, and participating in the annotation and scoring of the recorded lesson activity.
Protocols for exploring and analyzing classroom practice. View an online video that will show viewers how these protocols support the review, study and analysis of the online videos. View a different online video that will demonstrate how these protocols can be used to view, study, and analyze video vignettes of classroom lessons in a personal video session in eVAL.
eVAL Support Documents
- eVAL 2.0 User Guide
- District Admin Handbook
- Principal Guide to Summative Evaluation – New
- Teacher Guide to Summative Evaluation – New
- DA Settings that Effect Users
- Login to EDS and your eVAL site
- Washington State TPEP Site
- Washington State eVAL Site
Pete Phillips – email@example.com – 509.667.7109