As these resources are a subset of the Catch My Breath resources, you will need to visit this page to create a free account. You may wish to bookmark the page so that you can return to log in to your free account.
Although the Catch My Breath Vaping Prevention curriculum is written for Grades 5 – 12, the Substance Misuse Expansion Lessons are offered for K – 8, causing an overlap of the two programs in Grades 6 – 8.
The authors intended that the Substance Misuse Expansion Lessons would stand alone in Grades K, 1, 2, 3, and 4, but would follow the Catch My Breath Vaping Prevention curriculum in Grades 5, 5, 7 and 8.
Catch My Breath Substance Use Expansion Lessons include:
- Lesson plans for two classroom sessions at each of these levels
- Grades 1 and 2
- Grades 3 and 4
- Grade 6
- Grades 7 and 8
- Just one lesson for Grade 5
- Student handouts and worksheets (printable and uploadable to Google Classroom and other platforms)
- Presentation Slides (Google Slides or PowerPoint).
- Student handouts and worksheets (printable and uploadable to Google Classroom and other platforms) for Grades 3 – 8
- Educator Guides for all lessons
- Key Terms and definitions
- Alignment to academic standards