C.A.R.E. (Compassionate Assessment and Response in Education) is youth suicide prevention, intervention, and postvention training for school staff.
What this training does:
– Address how staff might notice a student is in psychological distress,
– Provide scripts and strategies for appropriate interventions,
– Give resources for responding if a member of the school community dies by suicide,
– Touch on how to care for yourself while doing this important and difficult work, and
– Use scenarios including cultural considerations to apply and discuss approaches.
The CARE curriculum is approved by Washington State PESB (Professional Educators Standard Board) to meet the training requirement for all ESA certificate holders. NCESD has been approved by PESB to provide this training as of Nov 2022.