Monthly Resources – March 2023
Published February 24, 2023
National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week: Monday, March 20 – Sunday, March 26, 2023
Please see our Substance Use Resources Introduction for best practices in implementing these curricular materials. As always, please preview materials individually or in your PLC before using them with students. The materials listed below are year-round resources.
Launched by scientists at the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) in 2010, National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week promotes discussion of drug use and addiction science.
In addition to using FREE Lesson Plans and Activities from NIDA, educators might choose to observe National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week by:
- Facilitating something big: an event using NIDA’s Plan Your Event page
- Sharing something smaller: the National Drug and Alcohol IQ Challenge Kahoot quiz
- Using Start A Conversation: 10 Questions Teens Ask About Drugs and Health to conduct a class discussion
- Employing NIDA Scientist Virtual Q&A Videos: Teacher’s Guide for
- What Is Addiction? (1:34)
- What Is the Worst Drug? (2:22)
- Can Using Drugs Help Me Deal With Anxiety and Depression? (1:22)
- What Happens When Drugs Are Combined? (2:28)
- Following the instructions in this link, assign Crafting #MyWhyNDAFW Videos to your students
- As an alternative to making #MyWhyNDAFW videos, assign creating MyWhyNDAFW posters to your students
- Please consider assigning a reflection activity of your own to your students following your National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week observances.